WE ARE COMMITTED TO ASSISTING OUR STUDENTS ON THEIR JOURNEY TOWARDS SELF-AWARENESS AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
We strive for excellence and set high standards, while treating each student as a unique individual with their own special needs and style of learning. Our philosophy and approach to teaching are based on the strong belief that all students, regardless of their strengths and weaknesses, are gifts. All students, whether they are athletically elite or have delayed motor skills, are welcome, because they all add something distinctive and valuable to everyone’s learning experience.
Through training and openness, the true human qualities of determination, forgiveness, compassion, respect, honour and integrity can flourish inside us. As we bring this presence into our daily lives we become steady and confident, firm yet flexible, disciplined yet spontaneous, intense yet light, focused while flowing.
At MWC, we strive to develop inner peace and stillness so that the highest potential of each individual can emerge through the vehicle of Wing Chun, meditation and contemplation/discussion. Our programmes take place within a non-competitive atmosphere where students are invited to accept themselves and each other non-judgmentally. We model and teach unconditional acceptance in all aspects of the students’ training. They are encouraged to do their best without feeling that they have to be the best in order to be accepted or appreciated.
We have designed our kids’ system so that it promotes an ethical culture based on responsibility, respect and mindfulness. Students are accountable for their own behaviour and for following the agreed procedures and instructions.
By implementing and promoting such a wonderful and welcoming learning atmosphere, we aim to ensure that the following concepts are areas of growth in every student:
• Martial arts skills, with the intention to use such skills only for self-defence, protecting the weak and upholding justice
• Good manners, self-respect and self-discipline
• Comradeship and respect for other people
• Life skills and practical tools for effective and open communication – the ability to truly listen to the needs and feelings of others while assertively voicing their own
• Positive attitudes and enduring persistence
• Greater self-confidence and inner awareness of their emotions and thoughts
• Understanding and applying healthy lifestyle habits such as physical fitness and a knowledge of nutrition and basic anatomy
Our method of Wing Chun has been passed down through a very direct lineage that fosters many beneficial skills. Our team of instructors have many years of experience teaching kids of all ages, and have done extensive training to teach MWC’s unique Kids’ system to pass on the principles and benefits of Wing Chun in a disciplined yet fun atmosphere.