What is WittyBear?
That is a great question! WittyBear is a directory and guide for parents living in Hong Kong. On WittyBear, you can discover amazing local businesses across Hong Kong and share your experience by rating and commenting on services you have received. You can also find helpful tips and articles on our blog to help make parenting in Hong Kong as easy (and fun!) as possible. Whether you’re a permanent resident or new to Hong Kong, we’ve got you covered.
What are the guidelines for submitting a review on WittyBear?
Honesty and love. Everyone is trying to do the best they can. We’re always excited to hear all the juicy details but please be kind with your words. Try to be constructive and refrain from using foul language. We will be screening but will not edit any reviews. If we find a review with any cuss words it will not be published.
Are there any requirements needed to be listed in the WittyBear directory?
Yes, we have 2 requirements.
Since most of our readers are native English speakers, companies must be able to cater to English speaking families and have a fully functional English language website or Facebook page.
How do I set up an account?
- Click “Join Now” located on the top righthand corner of the website
- Click “Not a member? Sign up” – you will then be asked to type a username and email address. (A password will be sent to your email.) You may also choose to sign up through your social media accounts.
- If you choose to sign up by providing a username and email address, please check your inbox for the password and sign in. If you have chosen to sign up using your social media account, please click “continue” on the confirmation page to complete the sign in process. You will then be automatically re-directed back to our WittyBear page.
The location of my business is not listed (Example: To Kwa Wan) Should I still proceed with my listing submission?
Yes, please do. We go through each and every listing to ensure the information is correct and valid. Once approved by our admin team, the location will be added to the directory listings and you will be notified by email.
I’m not sure whether my company is listed on WittyBear. How do I find out?
You can type your company name into our search engines located on the top of every page. If there are no results, do not despair! You can simply contact us. Adding to our directory is free and a great way to be discovered by parents living in Hong Kong. We’d be glad to help you get started.
How do I claim my listing?
You can do this by clicking the button “Claim now” located on the righthand side of the page. (It’s right below the map.) If you can’t locate it or still need help claiming your listing, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help!
How do I update my directory listing?
- Log into your WittyBear account (It’s free to sign up!)
- Once logged in, click your username (located on the top right side of every WittyBear page)
- Select “My listings” on the dashboard
- Select “Published”
- Select your listing and click edit
- After editing, click “Update & Preview”
How do I bookmark a listing?
To bookmark you will need to sign in as a member. WittyBear Membership is free and full of goodies, such as bookmarking, keeping track of all your reviews and getting access to discounted products and services exclusively for WittyBear Members. To sign up, click the “Join Now” button, located at the very top right-hand side of every page. Once signed in, select the listing you would like to bookmark and click “save” located next to the listing title on the top righthand side. All of your bookmarked listings can be viewed on your dashboard.
None of my questions are listed here, what’s the quickest way to get assistance?
Email. We’re pretty much always online. 🙂